It is even more difficult for a spammer to get a new account, now! I logged out yesterday to have another look at the revised process to get a new account:
There is now captcha text:
"This helps us prevent automated programs from creating accounts and sending spam."
Obviously, things are going to get better since there will be fewer new spammer accounts.
Thank you, Windows Live for working on the spam problem for us!
(Reminder: Keep reporting the profiles of Spammers here: “Windows Live Spaces Spam Central Reporting Service” is open for business again! Post spammer profile urls here.)
- Reminder: Please give me the profile urls of your Windows Live Spaces comment spammers.
- Spam News: It is official — I am working with Windows Live Support to improve the spam situation
- Bad news for spammers: The instantly available “No Name” accounts seem to be a thing of the past. And, new users must agree to a no spam clause…
- “Windows Live Spam Central Reporting Service” is open for business
- I wish to thank the academy…. (Update on Windows Live Spam situation at end of page)
- Please be aware of the Code of Conduct and report violations as you see them. Let’s keep Windows Live Town clean!
- A very short question for Windows Live Administration. Edited to add: Thank you Windows Live Admin for adding “Spam” to the list of “Report Abuse” offences.
- Dear Windows Live: Here is the latest failed result of my trying to report an account that does absolutely nothing but post spam. Can’t you do something about this?
- I wish to report an inconsistency within the Windows Live Code of Conduct.
- Windows Live, please add “Spamming” to the “Report Abuse” pull-down options for Spaces.
- Windows Live: Please crack down on Spaces set up to sell Viagra and send spam.
- There is a problem in in Windows Live.com: People are setting up Spaces as businesses, and then posting spam in our comments.
- Windows Live: What is official policy on setting up a space for business and spamming in comments. Detailed question with copy of abuse report and response.