(Edited to add: Report your Windows Live Spaces comment spammer’s profile urls in the comments of this post: “Windows Live Spaces Spam Central Reporting Service” is open for business again! Post spammer profile urls here – Progress report added!)
Attention Windows Live Spaces comment spam victims:
I have been given permission to say publicly that my dream has come true. My passion and drive and effort regarding the spam situation in Windows Live has finally put me in contact with the Windows Live Support team — and they are listening to me…
For about the past week, I have been speaking one on one with emails and phone calls representing all of you on the user side of this awful spam situation.
I have been giving our point of view, our frustration, our suggestions for how things in Windows Live can go back the way it was before spam made it so unbearable.
I cannot give any more details than that. As I was told:
Yes, you can say that you are speaking with support, but can’t offer any timelines on action as yet.
The most you should offer would be your reassurance that you are working with Windows Live Support to improve this situation and not offer anything specific as to where that will go.
So there you have it. You, my fellow spam victims. Things are going to get better, I just can’t say when or how.
Continue to give me the urls of your spammer’s profiles.
- “Windows Live Spaces Spam Central Reporting Service” is open for business again!
- “Windows Live Spam Central Reporting Service” is open for business
- I wish to thank the academy…. (Update on Windows Live Spam situation at end of page)
- Please be aware of the Code of Conduct and report violations as you see them. Let’s keep Windows Live Town clean!
- A very short question for Windows Live Administration. Edited to add: Thank you Windows Live Admin for adding “Spam” to the list of “Report Abuse” offences.
- Dear Windows Live: Here is the latest failed result of my trying to report an account that does absolutely nothing but post spam. Can’t you do something about this?
- I wish to report an inconsistency within the Windows Live Code of Conduct.
- Windows Live, please add “Spamming” to the “Report Abuse” pull-down options for Spaces.
- Windows Live: Please crack down on Spaces set up to sell Viagra and send spam.
- There is a problem in in Windows Live.com: People are setting up Spaces as businesses, and then posting spam in our comments.
- Windows Live: What is official policy on setting up a space for business and spamming in comments. Detailed question with copy of abuse report and response.